The fall season is optimal for many home improvement projects, including deck repair.
Now is the time to take advantage of the crisp, clear weather and care for the structure and integrity of your deck—especially after a full summer season of use and wear.
After an enjoyable and memorable busy season, your deck needs and deserves some TLC. Here are some of the key benefits and reasons for deck repair this time of year.
Refinish And Repair Your Deck Before Winter
- Decks are most used during spring and summer. This also means they’re very susceptible to wear and damage. Deck repair now can help ensure it’s ready to go as soon as spring hits next year.
- The winter months can be harsh on your deck. Exposure to cold temperatures and ice can really take a toll. Making sure your deck is stronger and more structurally sound now can help it withstand all that’s to come this winter season.
- Sun exposure is one of the greatest threats to decks. After months of the sun beating down on your deck structure, the wood can become faded and worn. Restoring your deck now can renew its original beauty.
- Moisture can take a toll on deck structures. This includes humidity. The humid spring and summer months can compromise your deck stain. The good news is, fall is far less humid and provides ideal conditions for deck repair and refinishing.
- Fall temperatures are also perfect for deck refinishing. The scorching summer heat is gone yet it’s not too cold yet, so now is the ideal opportunity for an outdoor project.
- You might be wondering, why not refinish your deck in the spring? While spring temperatures are pleasant, the spring season can bring more precipitation than the fall. Your deck will need a full two days to cure after being re-stained, so more predictable fall weather can be beneficial.
Deck Repair In Gaithersburg
Take advantage of deck repair now—and all the advantages this time of year can bring for this project.